Saturday, February 25, 2006

I'm in the Opera now

I used to use the Opera browser years ago. And I do mean years; back when it first came out. But for whatever reason I let myself slip away from using it. Oh, I've got IE7 beta 2 and will surely keep Firefox in the trunk for a spare, but I'm here to tell ya', I'm playing the prodigal son coming back to Opera these days. They're all free, do tabbed browsing and such, but you simply can't beat some of the features Opera has going for it.

Screenshots and a tour just don't do it total justice; you need to download it and try it. I mean the speed Opera operates at alone will win you, but if you're a hard sell, try the Sessions feature, notice the "wand" (Password Manager) and check out the hot key for quick changes with Quick Preferences.

You say you have a ton of bookmarks and favorites in your old browser and you don't want to live them behind? No problem - the lock stock and barrel of mine imported easily (and virtually instantly!) into Opera. I tell ya', unless you've got too much free time on your hands, I think you need to speed on over to Opera.

Oh, and by the way, this blog of mine is viewed best in Opera and Firefox with IE 7 a distant third.